Is there any reason for a new programmer to choose C# over VB.NET (or vice versa)?
3rd January 2012
My answer to Is there any reason for a new programmer to choose C# over VB.NET (or vice versa)? on Quora
My understanding is that VB.NET was mainly created to help make existing Visual Basic programmers more comfortable with the transition to .NET
So if you aren’t already a VB programmer, you would be much better off learning C# from the start.
More recent articles
- Weeknotes: datasette-enrichments, datasette-comments, sqlite-chronicle - 8th December 2023
- Datasette Enrichments: a new plugin framework for augmenting your data - 1st December 2023
- llamafile is the new best way to run a LLM on your own computer - 29th November 2023
- Prompt injection explained, November 2023 edition - 27th November 2023
- I'm on the Newsroom Robots podcast, with thoughts on the OpenAI board - 25th November 2023
- Weeknotes: DevDay, GitHub Universe, OpenAI chaos - 22nd November 2023
- Deciphering clues in a news article to understand how it was reported - 22nd November 2023
- Exploring GPTs: ChatGPT in a trench coat? - 15th November 2023
- Financial sustainability for open source projects at GitHub Universe - 10th November 2023
- ospeak: a CLI tool for speaking text in the terminal via OpenAI - 7th November 2023