Wikipedia search-by-vibes through millions of pages offline (via) Really cool demo by Lee Butterman, who built embeddings of 2 million Wikipedia pages and figured out how to serve them directly to the browser, where they are used to implement “vibes based” similarity search returning results in 250ms. Lots of interesting details about how he pulled this off, using Arrow as the file format and ONNX to run the model in the browser.
- Weeknotes: Embeddings, more embeddings and Datasette Cloud - 17th September 2023
- Build an image search engine with llm-clip, chat with models with llm chat - 12th September 2023
- LLM now provides tools for working with embeddings - 4th September 2023
- Datasette 1.0a4 and 1.0a5, plus weeknotes - 30th August 2023
- Making Large Language Models work for you - 27th August 2023
- Datasette Cloud, Datasette 1.0a3, llm-mlc and more - 16th August 2023