Logan Kilpatrick (OpenAI). “The API does not just change without us telling you. The models are static there.”
That’s the official line on the ongoing questions concerning whether OpenAI’s models have been degrading in quality over the last few weeks and months.
Worth noting that this mentions the API but doesn’t mention ChatGPT itself, which I suspect gets model updates a lot more frequently than the models served through the API.
- Weeknotes: Embeddings, more embeddings and Datasette Cloud - 17th September 2023
- Build an image search engine with llm-clip, chat with models with llm chat - 12th September 2023
- LLM now provides tools for working with embeddings - 4th September 2023
- Datasette 1.0a4 and 1.0a5, plus weeknotes - 30th August 2023
- Making Large Language Models work for you - 27th August 2023
- Datasette Cloud, Datasette 1.0a3, llm-mlc and more - 16th August 2023