Bard now helps you code (via) Google have enabled Bard’s code generation abilities—these were previously only available through jailbreaking. It’s pretty good—I got it to write me code to download a CSV file and insert it into a SQLite database—though when I challenged it to protect against SQL injection it hallucinated a non-existent “cursor.prepare()” method. Generated code can be exported to a Colab notebook with a click.
- Datasette Enrichments: a new plugin framework for augmenting your data - 1st December 2023
- llamafile is the new best way to run a LLM on your own computer - 29th November 2023
- Prompt injection explained, November 2023 edition - 27th November 2023
- I'm on the Newsroom Robots podcast, with thoughts on the OpenAI board - 25th November 2023
- Weeknotes: DevDay, GitHub Universe, OpenAI chaos - 22nd November 2023
- Deciphering clues in a news article to understand how it was reported - 22nd November 2023