The Untold Story of SQLite With Richard Hipp. This is a really interesting interview with SQLite creator D. Richard Hipp—it covers all sorts of aspects of the SQLite story I hadn’t heard before, from its inspiration by a software challenge on a battleship to the first income from clients such as AOL and Symbian to the formation of the SQLite Consortium (based on advice from Mozilla’s Mitchell Baker) and more.
- Weeknotes: datasette-enrichments, datasette-comments, sqlite-chronicle - 8th December 2023
- Datasette Enrichments: a new plugin framework for augmenting your data - 1st December 2023
- llamafile is the new best way to run a LLM on your own computer - 29th November 2023
- Prompt injection explained, November 2023 edition - 27th November 2023
- I'm on the Newsroom Robots podcast, with thoughts on the OpenAI board - 25th November 2023
- Weeknotes: DevDay, GitHub Universe, OpenAI chaos - 22nd November 2023