Symbex 1.4. New release of my Symbex tool for finding symbols (functions, methods and classes) in a Python codebase. Symbex can now output matching symbols in JSON, CSV or TSV in addition to plain text.
I designed this feature for compatibility with the new “llm embed-multi” command—so you can now use Symbex to find every Python function in a nested directory and then pipe them to LLM to calculate embeddings for every one of them.
I tried it on my projects directory and embedded over 13,000 functions in just a few minutes! Next step is to figure out what kind of interesting things I can do with all of those embeddings.
- Weeknotes: Getting ready for NICAR - 27th February 2024
- The killer app of Gemini Pro 1.5 is video - 21st February 2024
- Weeknotes: a Datasette release, an LLM release and a bunch of new plugins - 9th February 2024
- LLM 0.13: The annotated release notes - 26th January 2024
- Weeknotes: datasette-test, datasette-build, PSF board retreat - 21st January 2024