Announcing Open Flamingo (via) New from LAION: “OpenFlamingo is a framework that enables training and evaluation of large multimodal models (LMMs)”. Multimodal here means it can answer questions about images—their interactive demo includes tools for image captioning, animal recognition, counting objects and visual question answering. Theye’ve released the OpenFlamingo-9B model built on top of LLaMA 7B and CLIP ViT/L-14—the model checkpoint is a 5.24 GB download from Hugging Face, and is available under a non-commercial research license.
- Weeknotes: datasette-enrichments, datasette-comments, sqlite-chronicle - 8th December 2023
- Datasette Enrichments: a new plugin framework for augmenting your data - 1st December 2023
- llamafile is the new best way to run a LLM on your own computer - 29th November 2023
- Prompt injection explained, November 2023 edition - 27th November 2023
- I'm on the Newsroom Robots podcast, with thoughts on the OpenAI board - 25th November 2023
- Weeknotes: DevDay, GitHub Universe, OpenAI chaos - 22nd November 2023