Hello Dolly: Democratizing the magic of ChatGPT with open models. A team at DataBricks applied the same fine-tuning data used by Stanford Alpaca against LLaMA to a much older model—EleutherAI’s GPT-J 6B, first released in May 2021. As with Alpaca, they found that instruction tuning took the raw model—which was extremely difficult to interact with—and turned it into something that felt a lot more like ChatGPT. It’s a shame they reused the license-encumbered 52,000 training samples from Alpaca, but I doubt it will be long before someone recreates a freely licensed alternative to that training set.
- Lawyer cites fake cases invented by ChatGPT, judge is not amused - 27th May 2023
- llm, ttok and strip-tags - CLI tools for working with ChatGPT and other LLMs - 18th May 2023
- Delimiters won't save you from prompt injection - 11th May 2023
- Weeknotes: sqlite-utils 3.31, download-esm, Python in a sandbox - 10th May 2023
- Leaked Google document: "We Have No Moat, And Neither Does OpenAI" - 4th May 2023
- Midjourney 5.1 - 4th May 2023