OpenAI to discontinue support for the Codex API (via) OpenAI shutting off access to their Codex model—a GPT3 variant fine-tuned for code related tasks, but that was being used for all sorts of other purposes—partly because it had been in a beta phase for over a year where OpenAI didn’t charge anything for it. This feels to me like a major strategic misstep for OpenAI: they’re only giving three days notice, which is shaking people’s confidence in them as a stable platform for building on at the very moment when competition from other vendors (and open source alternatives) is heating up.
- Weeknotes: Getting ready for NICAR - 27th February 2024
- The killer app of Gemini Pro 1.5 is video - 21st February 2024
- Weeknotes: a Datasette release, an LLM release and a bunch of new plugins - 9th February 2024
- LLM 0.13: The annotated release notes - 26th January 2024
- Weeknotes: datasette-test, datasette-build, PSF board retreat - 21st January 2024