Fine-tune LLaMA to speak like Homer Simpson. Replicate spent 90 minutes fine-tuning LLaMA on 60,000 lines of dialog from the first 12 seasons of the Simpsons, and now it can do a good job of producing invented dialog from any of the characters from the series. This is a really interesting result: I’ve been skeptical about how much value can be had from fine-tuning large models on just a tiny amount of new data, assuming that the new data would be statistically irrelevant compared to the existing model. Clearly my mental model around this was incorrect.
- Interesting ideas in Observable Framework - 3rd March 2024
- Weeknotes: Getting ready for NICAR - 27th February 2024
- The killer app of Gemini Pro 1.5 is video - 21st February 2024
- Weeknotes: a Datasette release, an LLM release and a bunch of new plugins - 9th February 2024
- LLM 0.13: The annotated release notes - 26th January 2024