Example of OpenAI function calling API to extract data from LAPD newsroom articles (via) Fascinating code example from Kyle McDonald. The OpenAI functions mechanism is intended to drive custom function calls, but I hadn’t quite appreciated how useful it can be ignoring the function calls entirely. Kyle instead uses it to define a schema for data he wants to extract from a news article, then uses the gpt-3.5-turbo-0613 to get back that exact set of extracted data as JSON.
- Weeknotes: Embeddings, more embeddings and Datasette Cloud - 17th September 2023
- Build an image search engine with llm-clip, chat with models with llm chat - 12th September 2023
- LLM now provides tools for working with embeddings - 4th September 2023
- Datasette 1.0a4 and 1.0a5, plus weeknotes - 30th August 2023
- Making Large Language Models work for you - 27th August 2023
- Datasette Cloud, Datasette 1.0a3, llm-mlc and more - 16th August 2023