Understanding Immortal Objects in Python 3.12. Abhinav Upadhyay provides a clear and detailed explanation of immortal objects coming in Python 3.12, which ensure Python no longer updates reference counts for immutable objects such as True, False, None and low-values integers. The trick (which maintains ABI compatibility) is pretty simple: a reference count value of 4294967295 now means an object is immortal, and the existing Py_INCREF and Py_DECREF macros have been updated to take that into account.
- Weeknotes: Embeddings, more embeddings and Datasette Cloud - 17th September 2023
- Build an image search engine with llm-clip, chat with models with llm chat - 12th September 2023
- LLM now provides tools for working with embeddings - 4th September 2023
- Datasette 1.0a4 and 1.0a5, plus weeknotes - 30th August 2023
- Making Large Language Models work for you - 27th August 2023
- Datasette Cloud, Datasette 1.0a3, llm-mlc and more - 16th August 2023