MiniGPT-4 (via) An incredible project with a poorly chosen name. A team from King Abdullah University of Science and Technology in Saudi Arabia combined Vicuna-13B (a model fine-tuned on top of Facebook’s LLaMA) with the BLIP-2 vision-language model to create a model that can conduct ChatGPT-style conversations around an uploaded image. The demo is very impressive, and the weights are available to download—45MB for MiniGPT-4, but you’ll need the much larger Vicuna and LLaMA weights as well.
- llamafile is the new best way to run a LLM on your own computer - 29th November 2023
- Prompt injection explained, November 2023 edition - 27th November 2023
- I'm on the Newsroom Robots podcast, with thoughts on the OpenAI board - 25th November 2023
- Weeknotes: DevDay, GitHub Universe, OpenAI chaos - 22nd November 2023
- Deciphering clues in a news article to understand how it was reported - 22nd November 2023
- Exploring GPTs: ChatGPT in a trench coat? - 15th November 2023