Building A Virtual Machine inside ChatGPT (via) Jonas Degrave presents a remarkable example of a creative use of ChatGPT: he prompts it to behave as a if it was a Linux shell, then runs increasingly complex sequences of commands against it and gets back surprisingly realistic results. By the end of the article he’s getting it to hallucinate responses to curl API requests run against imagined API versions of itself.
- Datasette Enrichments: a new plugin framework for augmenting your data - 1st December 2023
- llamafile is the new best way to run a LLM on your own computer - 29th November 2023
- Prompt injection explained, November 2023 edition - 27th November 2023
- I'm on the Newsroom Robots podcast, with thoughts on the OpenAI board - 25th November 2023
- Weeknotes: DevDay, GitHub Universe, OpenAI chaos - 22nd November 2023
- Deciphering clues in a news article to understand how it was reported - 22nd November 2023