An oral history of Bank Python (via) Fascinating description of a very custom Python environment inside a large investment bank—where all of the code lives inside the Python environment itself, everything can be imported into the same process and a directed acyclic graph engine implements Excel-style reactive dependencies. Plenty of extra flavour from people who’ve worked with this (and related) Python systems in the Hacker News comments.
- Weeknotes: Embeddings, more embeddings and Datasette Cloud - 17th September 2023
- Build an image search engine with llm-clip, chat with models with llm chat - 12th September 2023
- LLM now provides tools for working with embeddings - 4th September 2023
- Datasette 1.0a4 and 1.0a5, plus weeknotes - 30th August 2023
- Making Large Language Models work for you - 27th August 2023
- Datasette Cloud, Datasette 1.0a3, llm-mlc and more - 16th August 2023