Group thousands of similar spreadsheet text cells in seconds (via) Luke Whyte explains how to efficiently group similar text columns in a table (Walmart and Wal-mart for example) using a clever combination of TF/IDF, sparse matrices and cosine similarity. Includes the clearest explanation of cosine similarity for text I’ve seen—and Luke wrote a Python library, textpack, that implements the described pattern.
- llamafile is the new best way to run a LLM on your own computer - 29th November 2023
- Prompt injection explained, November 2023 edition - 27th November 2023
- I'm on the Newsroom Robots podcast, with thoughts on the OpenAI board - 25th November 2023
- Weeknotes: DevDay, GitHub Universe, OpenAI chaos - 22nd November 2023
- Deciphering clues in a news article to understand how it was reported - 22nd November 2023
- Exploring GPTs: ChatGPT in a trench coat? - 15th November 2023