Group thousands of similar spreadsheet text cells in seconds (via) Luke Whyte explains how to efficiently group similar text columns in a table (Walmart and Wal-mart for example) using a clever combination of TF/IDF, sparse matrices and cosine similarity. Includes the clearest explanation of cosine similarity for text I’ve seen—and Luke wrote a Python library, textpack, that implements the described pattern.
- ChatGPT should include inline tips - 30th May 2023
- Lawyer cites fake cases invented by ChatGPT, judge is not amused - 27th May 2023
- llm, ttok and strip-tags - CLI tools for working with ChatGPT and other LLMs - 18th May 2023
- Delimiters won't save you from prompt injection - 11th May 2023
- Weeknotes: sqlite-utils 3.31, download-esm, Python in a sandbox - 10th May 2023
- Leaked Google document: "We Have No Moat, And Neither Does OpenAI" - 4th May 2023