SQLModel. A new project by FastAPI creator Sebastián Ramírez: SQLModel builds on top of both SQLAlchemy and Sebastián’s Pydantic validation library to provide a new ORM that’s designed around Python 3’s optional typing. The real brilliance here is that a SQLModel subclass is simultaneously a valid SQLAlchemy ORM model AND a valid Pydantic validation model, saving on duplicate code by allowing the same class to be used both for form/API validation and for interacting with the database.
- Weeknotes: datasette-enrichments, datasette-comments, sqlite-chronicle - 8th December 2023
- Datasette Enrichments: a new plugin framework for augmenting your data - 1st December 2023
- llamafile is the new best way to run a LLM on your own computer - 29th November 2023
- Prompt injection explained, November 2023 edition - 27th November 2023
- I'm on the Newsroom Robots podcast, with thoughts on the OpenAI board - 25th November 2023
- Weeknotes: DevDay, GitHub Universe, OpenAI chaos - 22nd November 2023