scrapely. Neat twist on a screen scraping library: this one lets you “train it” by feeding it examples of URLs paired with a dictionary of the data you would like to have extracted from that URL, then uses an instance based learning earning algorithm to run against new URLs. Slightly confusing name since it’s maintained by the scrapy team but is a totally independent project from the scrapy web crawling framework.
- Weeknotes: datasette-enrichments, datasette-comments, sqlite-chronicle - 8th December 2023
- Datasette Enrichments: a new plugin framework for augmenting your data - 1st December 2023
- llamafile is the new best way to run a LLM on your own computer - 29th November 2023
- Prompt injection explained, November 2023 edition - 27th November 2023
- I'm on the Newsroom Robots podcast, with thoughts on the OpenAI board - 25th November 2023
- Weeknotes: DevDay, GitHub Universe, OpenAI chaos - 22nd November 2023