Datasette 0.18: units (via) This release features the first Datasette feature that was entirely designed and implemented by someone else (yay open source)—Russ Garrett wanted unit support (Hz, ft etc) for his Wireless Telegraphy Register project. It’s a really neat implementation: you can tell Datasette what units are in use for a particular database column and it will display the correct SI symbols on the page. Specifying units also enables unit-aware filtering: if Datasette knows that a column is measured in meters you can now query it for all rows that are less than 50 feet for example.
- Weeknotes: the Datasette Cloud API, a podcast appearance and more - 1st October 2023
- Things I've learned about building CLI tools in Python - 30th September 2023
- Talking Large Language Models with Rooftop Ruby - 29th September 2023
- Weeknotes: Embeddings, more embeddings and Datasette Cloud - 17th September 2023
- Build an image search engine with llm-clip, chat with models with llm chat - 12th September 2023
- LLM now provides tools for working with embeddings - 4th September 2023