What is the role of angel investors? Do they help people who find themselves in financial difficulty relating to a business failure?
My answer to What is the role of angel investors? Do they help people who find themselves in financial difficulty relating to a business failure? on Quora
I’m afraid you are misinterpreting the word “angel” in the term “angel investor”.
Angel investors are the investors who make the earliest investments in a company—they are the first to take a chance on a new business.
They aren’t doing this out of altruism though—they’re doing it because if the company becomes enormously successful they will make a massive return on their investment (hopefully enough to make up for losses on other angel investments they have made).
So sadly, you can’t expect so-called “angel investors” to rescue failed businesses in order to help out the founders. That’s not what angel investment is about, despite the confusing name.
More recent articles
- ChatGPT should include inline tips - 30th May 2023
- Lawyer cites fake cases invented by ChatGPT, judge is not amused - 27th May 2023
- llm, ttok and strip-tags - CLI tools for working with ChatGPT and other LLMs - 18th May 2023
- Delimiters won't save you from prompt injection - 11th May 2023
- Weeknotes: sqlite-utils 3.31, download-esm, Python in a sandbox - 10th May 2023
- Leaked Google document: "We Have No Moat, And Neither Does OpenAI" - 4th May 2023
- Midjourney 5.1 - 4th May 2023
- Prompt injection explained, with video, slides, and a transcript - 2nd May 2023
- download-esm: a tool for downloading ECMAScript modules - 2nd May 2023
- Let's be bear or bunny - 1st May 2023