BLPOP and BRPOP in Redis. Added over Christmas—Redis now has blocking list pop operations. This means you can use Redis to drive a queue server without the need for polling—simply BLPOP against a key and, if it’s empty, your client will block until another client pushes an item on to the list. Multiple clients can block against the same key and only the first client will return when an item becomes available.
- Weeknotes: datasette-enrichments, datasette-comments, sqlite-chronicle - 8th December 2023
- Datasette Enrichments: a new plugin framework for augmenting your data - 1st December 2023
- llamafile is the new best way to run a LLM on your own computer - 29th November 2023
- Prompt injection explained, November 2023 edition - 27th November 2023
- I'm on the Newsroom Robots podcast, with thoughts on the OpenAI board - 25th November 2023
- Weeknotes: DevDay, GitHub Universe, OpenAI chaos - 22nd November 2023