25th March 2003
Inspired by Andy, I decided to have a crack at something I’ve been thinking about trying for a long time.
document.getElementsBySelector('div#main p a.external')
This will return an array containing all of the links that have ’external’ in their
class attribute and are contained inside a paragraph which is itself contained inside a div with its
id attribute set to ’main’.
So far I’ve only tested it on Phoenix but it seems to work as intended for the small number of test cases I’ve tried. If you spot any bugs please let me know. I’m about to fire up a Windows PC and see how much it breaks in IE...
Update: I’ve put together a demo page showing the function in action. It works fine in IE 6.
More recent articles
- Weeknotes: Embeddings, more embeddings and Datasette Cloud - 17th September 2023
- Build an image search engine with llm-clip, chat with models with llm chat - 12th September 2023
- LLM now provides tools for working with embeddings - 4th September 2023
- Datasette 1.0a4 and 1.0a5, plus weeknotes - 30th August 2023
- Making Large Language Models work for you - 27th August 2023
- Datasette Cloud, Datasette 1.0a3, llm-mlc and more - 16th August 2023
- How I make annotated presentations - 6th August 2023
- Weeknotes: Plugins for LLM, sqlite-utils and Datasette - 5th August 2023
- Catching up on the weird world of LLMs - 3rd August 2023
- Run Llama 2 on your own Mac using LLM and Homebrew - 1st August 2023