Writing a chat application in Django 4.2 using async StreamingHttpResponse, Server-Sent Events and PostgreSQL LISTEN/NOTIFY (via) Excellent tutorial by Víðir Valberg Guðmundsson on implementing chat with server-sent events using the newly async-capable StreamingHttpResponse from Django 4.2x.
He uses PostgreSQL’a LISTEN/NOTIFY mechanism which can be used asynchronously in psycopg3—at the cost of a separate connection per user of the chat.
The article also covers how to use the Last-Event-ID header to implement reconnections in server-sent events, transmitting any events that may have been missed during the time that the connection was dropped.
- Weeknotes: Parquet in Datasette Lite, various talks, more LLM hacking - 4th June 2023
- It's infuriatingly hard to understand how closed models train on their input - 4th June 2023
- ChatGPT should include inline tips - 30th May 2023
- Lawyer cites fake cases invented by ChatGPT, judge is not amused - 27th May 2023
- llm, ttok and strip-tags - CLI tools for working with ChatGPT and other LLMs - 18th May 2023
- Delimiters won't save you from prompt injection - 11th May 2023