Carving the Scheduler Out of Our Orchestrator (via) Thomas Ptacek describes Fly’s new custom-built alternative to Nomad and Kubernetes in detail, including why they eventually needed to build something custom to best serve their platform. In doing so he provides the best explanation I’ve ever seen of what an orchestration system actually does.
- Weeknotes: the Datasette Cloud API, a podcast appearance and more - 1st October 2023
- Things I've learned about building CLI tools in Python - 30th September 2023
- Talking Large Language Models with Rooftop Ruby - 29th September 2023
- Weeknotes: Embeddings, more embeddings and Datasette Cloud - 17th September 2023
- Build an image search engine with llm-clip, chat with models with llm chat - 12th September 2023
- LLM now provides tools for working with embeddings - 4th September 2023