Inside the secret list of websites that make AI chatbots sound smart. Washington Post story digging into the C4 dataset—Colossal Clean Crawled Corpus, a filtered version of Common Crawl that’s often used for training large language models. They include a neat interactive tool for searching a domain to see if it’s included—TIL that simonwillison.net is the 106,649th ranked site in C4 by number of tokens, 189,767 total—0.0001% of the total token volume in C4.
- Datasette Enrichments: a new plugin framework for augmenting your data - 1st December 2023
- llamafile is the new best way to run a LLM on your own computer - 29th November 2023
- Prompt injection explained, November 2023 edition - 27th November 2023
- I'm on the Newsroom Robots podcast, with thoughts on the OpenAI board - 25th November 2023
- Weeknotes: DevDay, GitHub Universe, OpenAI chaos - 22nd November 2023
- Deciphering clues in a news article to understand how it was reported - 22nd November 2023