How I’m a Productive Programmer With a Memory of a Fruit Fly (via) Hynek Schlawack describes the value he gets from searchable offline developer documentation, and advocates for the Documentation Sets format which bundles docs, metadata and a SQLite search index. Hynek’s doc2dash command can convert documentation generated by tools like Sphinx into a docset that’s compatible with several offline documentation browser applications.
- Weeknotes: datasette-enrichments, datasette-comments, sqlite-chronicle - 8th December 2023
- Datasette Enrichments: a new plugin framework for augmenting your data - 1st December 2023
- llamafile is the new best way to run a LLM on your own computer - 29th November 2023
- Prompt injection explained, November 2023 edition - 27th November 2023
- I'm on the Newsroom Robots podcast, with thoughts on the OpenAI board - 25th November 2023
- Weeknotes: DevDay, GitHub Universe, OpenAI chaos - 22nd November 2023