However, six digits is a very small space to search through when you are a computer. The biggest problem is going to be getting lucky, it’s quite literally a one-in-a-million shot. Turns out you can brute force a TOTP code in about 2 hours if you are careful and the remote service doesn’t have throttling or rate limiting of authentication attempts.
- Weeknotes: datasette-enrichments, datasette-comments, sqlite-chronicle - 8th December 2023
- Datasette Enrichments: a new plugin framework for augmenting your data - 1st December 2023
- llamafile is the new best way to run a LLM on your own computer - 29th November 2023
- Prompt injection explained, November 2023 edition - 27th November 2023
- I'm on the Newsroom Robots podcast, with thoughts on the OpenAI board - 25th November 2023
- Weeknotes: DevDay, GitHub Universe, OpenAI chaos - 22nd November 2023