Ladybird: A new cross-platform browser project (via) Conventional wisdom is that building a new browser engine from scratch is impossible without enormous capital outlay and many people working together for many years. Andreas Kling has been disproving that for a while now with his SerenityOS from-scratch operating system project, which includes a brand new browser implemented in C++. Now Andreas is announcing his plans to extract that browser as Ladybird and make it run across multiple platforms. Andreas is a former WebKit engineer (at Nokia and then Apple) and really knows his stuff: Ladybird already passes the Acid3 test!
- Weeknotes: datasette-enrichments, datasette-comments, sqlite-chronicle - 8th December 2023
- Datasette Enrichments: a new plugin framework for augmenting your data - 1st December 2023
- llamafile is the new best way to run a LLM on your own computer - 29th November 2023
- Prompt injection explained, November 2023 edition - 27th November 2023
- I'm on the Newsroom Robots podcast, with thoughts on the OpenAI board - 25th November 2023
- Weeknotes: DevDay, GitHub Universe, OpenAI chaos - 22nd November 2023