Hierarchical Structures in PostgreSQL (via) Two techniques I hadn’t seen before: the first is to define a materialized view using a CTE that offers efficient tree queries against a PostgreSQL array of path components (plus a trigger to update the materialized view), the second is with the PostgreSQL ltree extension which ships as part of PostgreSQL and hence should be widely available.
- AI-enhanced development makes me more ambitious with my projects - 27th March 2023
- I built a ChatGPT plugin to answer questions about data hosted in Datasette - 24th March 2023
- Weeknotes: AI won't slow down, a new newsletter and a huge Datasette refactor - 22nd March 2023
- Don't trust AI to talk accurately about itself: Bard wasn't trained on Gmail - 22nd March 2023
- A conversation about prompt engineering with CBC Day 6 - 18th March 2023
- Could you train a ChatGPT-beating model for $85,000 and run it in a browser? - 17th March 2023