django-lifecycle (via) Interesting alternative to Django signals by Robert Singer. It provides a model mixin class which over-rides the Django ORM’s save() method, tracking which model attributes have been changed. Then it lets you add methods to your model with a @hook annotation allowing you to specify things like “run this method before saving if the status changed” or “run this after an object has been deleted”.
- Weeknotes: datasette-enrichments, datasette-comments, sqlite-chronicle - 8th December 2023
- Datasette Enrichments: a new plugin framework for augmenting your data - 1st December 2023
- llamafile is the new best way to run a LLM on your own computer - 29th November 2023
- Prompt injection explained, November 2023 edition - 27th November 2023
- I'm on the Newsroom Robots podcast, with thoughts on the OpenAI board - 25th November 2023
- Weeknotes: DevDay, GitHub Universe, OpenAI chaos - 22nd November 2023