Data science is different now (via) Detailed examination of the current state of the job market for data science. Boot camps and university courses have produced a growing volume of junior data scientists seeking work, but the job market is much more competitive than many expected—especially for those without prior experience. Meanwhile the job itself is much more about data cleanup and software engineering skills: machine learning models and applied statistics end up being a small portion of the actual work.
- Weeknotes: Parquet in Datasette Lite, various talks, more LLM hacking - 4th June 2023
- It's infuriatingly hard to understand how closed models train on their input - 4th June 2023
- ChatGPT should include inline tips - 30th May 2023
- Lawyer cites fake cases invented by ChatGPT, judge is not amused - 27th May 2023
- llm, ttok and strip-tags - CLI tools for working with ChatGPT and other LLMs - 18th May 2023
- Delimiters won't save you from prompt injection - 11th May 2023