Data science is different now (via) Detailed examination of the current state of the job market for data science. Boot camps and university courses have produced a growing volume of junior data scientists seeking work, but the job market is much more competitive than many expected—especially for those without prior experience. Meanwhile the job itself is much more about data cleanup and software engineering skills: machine learning models and applied statistics end up being a small portion of the actual work.
- llamafile is the new best way to run a LLM on your own computer - 29th November 2023
- Prompt injection explained, November 2023 edition - 27th November 2023
- I'm on the Newsroom Robots podcast, with thoughts on the OpenAI board - 25th November 2023
- Weeknotes: DevDay, GitHub Universe, OpenAI chaos - 22nd November 2023
- Deciphering clues in a news article to understand how it was reported - 22nd November 2023
- Exploring GPTs: ChatGPT in a trench coat? - 15th November 2023