Machine Learning on Mobile and at the Edge: 2019 industry year-in-review (via) This is a fantastic detailed overview of advances made in the field of machine learning on the edge (primarily on mobile devices) over 2019. I’m really excited about this trend: I love the improved privacy implications of running models on my phone without uploading data to a server, and it’s great to see techniques like Federated Learning (from Google Labs) which enable devices to privately train models in a distributed way without having to upload their training data.
- AI-enhanced development makes me more ambitious with my projects - 27th March 2023
- I built a ChatGPT plugin to answer questions about data hosted in Datasette - 24th March 2023
- Weeknotes: AI won't slow down, a new newsletter and a huge Datasette refactor - 22nd March 2023
- Don't trust AI to talk accurately about itself: Bard wasn't trained on Gmail - 22nd March 2023
- A conversation about prompt engineering with CBC Day 6 - 18th March 2023
- Could you train a ChatGPT-beating model for $85,000 and run it in a browser? - 17th March 2023