The problem with laziness: minimising performance issues caused by Django's implicit database queries (via) The ability to accidentally execute further database queries by traversing objects from a Django template is a common source of unexpected performance regressions. django-zen-queries is a neat new library which provides a context manager for disabling database queries during a render (or elsewhere), forcing queries to be explicitly executed in view functions.
- Weeknotes: Embeddings, more embeddings and Datasette Cloud - 17th September 2023
- Build an image search engine with llm-clip, chat with models with llm chat - 12th September 2023
- LLM now provides tools for working with embeddings - 4th September 2023
- Datasette 1.0a4 and 1.0a5, plus weeknotes - 30th August 2023
- Making Large Language Models work for you - 27th August 2023
- Datasette Cloud, Datasette 1.0a3, llm-mlc and more - 16th August 2023