Redis Streams and the Unified Log. In which Brandur Leach explores the new Kafka-style streams functionality coming to Redis 4.0, and shows an example of a robust at-least once processing architecture built on a combination of Redis streams and PostgreSQL transactions. I really like the pattern of writing log records to a staging table in PostgreSQL first in order to bundle them up in the same transaction as the originating state change, then have a separate process read them from that table and publish them to Redis.
- Weeknotes: Getting ready for NICAR - 27th February 2024
- The killer app of Gemini Pro 1.5 is video - 21st February 2024
- Weeknotes: a Datasette release, an LLM release and a bunch of new plugins - 9th February 2024
- LLM 0.13: The annotated release notes - 26th January 2024
- Weeknotes: datasette-test, datasette-build, PSF board retreat - 21st January 2024