Redis Streams and the Unified Log. In which Brandur Leach explores the new Kafka-style streams functionality coming to Redis 4.0, and shows an example of a robust at-least once processing architecture built on a combination of Redis streams and PostgreSQL transactions. I really like the pattern of writing log records to a staging table in PostgreSQL first in order to bundle them up in the same transaction as the originating state change, then have a separate process read them from that table and publish them to Redis.
- ChatGPT should include inline tips - 30th May 2023
- Lawyer cites fake cases invented by ChatGPT, judge is not amused - 27th May 2023
- llm, ttok and strip-tags - CLI tools for working with ChatGPT and other LLMs - 18th May 2023
- Delimiters won't save you from prompt injection - 11th May 2023
- Weeknotes: sqlite-utils 3.31, download-esm, Python in a sandbox - 10th May 2023
- Leaked Google document: "We Have No Moat, And Neither Does OpenAI" - 4th May 2023