What are some good designs for a personal business card for professional networking?
26th January 2014
My answer to What are some good designs for a personal business card for professional networking? on Quora
Two things I think are absolutely worth including:
- A photograph. People collect a LOT of cards at big networking events—if you have a recognisable photograph somewhere on your card it really helps people remember who you are, and follow up with you later if they had a great conversation with you in person.
- Space for notes. I always get non-glossy cards so that regular pens can write on them. This lets people (or you) jot down a note to remind them of anything they were going to follow up with you later.
More recent articles
- Weeknotes: the Datasette Cloud API, a podcast appearance and more - 1st October 2023
- Things I've learned about building CLI tools in Python - 30th September 2023
- Talking Large Language Models with Rooftop Ruby - 29th September 2023
- Weeknotes: Embeddings, more embeddings and Datasette Cloud - 17th September 2023
- Build an image search engine with llm-clip, chat with models with llm chat - 12th September 2023
- LLM now provides tools for working with embeddings - 4th September 2023
- Datasette 1.0a4 and 1.0a5, plus weeknotes - 30th August 2023
- Making Large Language Models work for you - 27th August 2023
- Datasette Cloud, Datasette 1.0a3, llm-mlc and more - 16th August 2023
- How I make annotated presentations - 6th August 2023