What are some good designs for a personal business card for professional networking?
26th January 2014
My answer to What are some good designs for a personal business card for professional networking? on Quora
Two things I think are absolutely worth including:
- A photograph. People collect a LOT of cards at big networking events—if you have a recognisable photograph somewhere on your card it really helps people remember who you are, and follow up with you later if they had a great conversation with you in person.
- Space for notes. I always get non-glossy cards so that regular pens can write on them. This lets people (or you) jot down a note to remind them of anything they were going to follow up with you later.
More recent articles
- Weeknotes: a Datasette release, an LLM release and a bunch of new plugins - 9th February 2024
- LLM 0.13: The annotated release notes - 26th January 2024
- Weeknotes: datasette-test, datasette-build, PSF board retreat - 21st January 2024
- Talking about Open Source LLMs on Oxide and Friends - 17th January 2024
- Publish Python packages to PyPI with a python-lib cookiecutter template and GitHub Actions - 16th January 2024
- What I should have said about the term Artificial Intelligence - 9th January 2024
- Weeknotes: Page caching and custom templates for Datasette Cloud - 7th January 2024
- It's OK to call it Artificial Intelligence - 7th January 2024
- Tom Scott, and the formidable power of escalating streaks - 2nd January 2024