What is the best way to choose between two equally feasible start-up ideas?
9th September 2013
My answer to What is the best way to choose between two equally feasible start-up ideas? on Quora
Which one is most likely to still be exciting to you in five years time?
Which one do you have the best professional network for?
Which one do you have a competitive advantage in?
Which one do you find easier to pitch to someone such that they “get it”?
Which one has only recently become feasible due to changes in technology?
Which one has the largest addressable market?
If you still can’t pick, toss a coin, build a prototype of the one that wins, then decide if you need to build a prototype of the other one before deciding between the two.
More recent articles
- Weeknotes: datasette-enrichments, datasette-comments, sqlite-chronicle - 8th December 2023
- Datasette Enrichments: a new plugin framework for augmenting your data - 1st December 2023
- llamafile is the new best way to run a LLM on your own computer - 29th November 2023
- Prompt injection explained, November 2023 edition - 27th November 2023
- I'm on the Newsroom Robots podcast, with thoughts on the OpenAI board - 25th November 2023
- Weeknotes: DevDay, GitHub Universe, OpenAI chaos - 22nd November 2023
- Deciphering clues in a news article to understand how it was reported - 22nd November 2023
- Exploring GPTs: ChatGPT in a trench coat? - 15th November 2023
- Financial sustainability for open source projects at GitHub Universe - 10th November 2023
- ospeak: a CLI tool for speaking text in the terminal via OpenAI - 7th November 2023