For a 2-day developer conference in SF, which two days of the week are best?
30th October 2013
My answer to For a 2-day developer conference in SF, which two days of the week are best? on Quora
It depends on the topic and the audience.
If you’re expecting people from out of town, you should go with Mon-Tue or Thu-Fri to allow people the chance to tack on a weekend to enjoy the city.
If it’s a conference for VCs, remember that they traditionally have their partner meetings on Monday.
If the audience are likely to be parents, don’t schedule it over a weekend.
Look out for other conflicting events too, as that’s a bigger concern than if it should be on particular days of the week.
More recent articles
- Things I've learned about building CLI tools in Python - 30th September 2023
- Talking Large Language Models with Rooftop Ruby - 29th September 2023
- Weeknotes: Embeddings, more embeddings and Datasette Cloud - 17th September 2023
- Build an image search engine with llm-clip, chat with models with llm chat - 12th September 2023
- LLM now provides tools for working with embeddings - 4th September 2023
- Datasette 1.0a4 and 1.0a5, plus weeknotes - 30th August 2023
- Making Large Language Models work for you - 27th August 2023
- Datasette Cloud, Datasette 1.0a3, llm-mlc and more - 16th August 2023
- How I make annotated presentations - 6th August 2023
- Weeknotes: Plugins for LLM, sqlite-utils and Datasette - 5th August 2023