What should the CEO’s salary be in a startup seeking seed capital? Is there an average number?
My answer to What should the CEO’s salary be in a startup seeking seed capital? Is there an average number? on Quora
If you haven’t yet raised any capital, how can you pay a CEO salary at all?
If you’re asking about what you should tell your seed stage investors your salary will be, just go for something sensible that allows for an OK standard of living in your area. Your investors don’t want you to be distracted by living in abject poverty so they won’t mind you paying yourself something reasonable.
There’s no harm in discussing your salary with them—they might even suggest pushing it up a little. It very much depends on how much you are raising, your personal situation (family, mortgage etc?) and where you are located.
More recent articles
- Weeknotes: Parquet in Datasette Lite, various talks, more LLM hacking - 4th June 2023
- It's infuriatingly hard to understand how closed models train on their input - 4th June 2023
- ChatGPT should include inline tips - 30th May 2023
- Lawyer cites fake cases invented by ChatGPT, judge is not amused - 27th May 2023
- llm, ttok and strip-tags - CLI tools for working with ChatGPT and other LLMs - 18th May 2023
- Delimiters won't save you from prompt injection - 11th May 2023
- Weeknotes: sqlite-utils 3.31, download-esm, Python in a sandbox - 10th May 2023
- Leaked Google document: "We Have No Moat, And Neither Does OpenAI" - 4th May 2023
- Midjourney 5.1 - 4th May 2023
- Prompt injection explained, with video, slides, and a transcript - 2nd May 2023