How can one become a masterful Rails developer (and still have a life)?
My answer to How can one become a masterful Rails developer (and still have a life)? on Quora
Don’t sacrifice your social life. Sacrifice TV.
Most people manage to maintain an active social life while also watching multiple hours of TV every day. Imagine how much Rails you could learn if you dedicated a couple of hours to it every day for 6 months.
Also, build real projects. Reading tutorials doesn’t count if you’re not also writing code.
More recent articles
- Lawyer cites fake cases invented by ChatGPT, judge is not amused - 27th May 2023
- llm, ttok and strip-tags - CLI tools for working with ChatGPT and other LLMs - 18th May 2023
- Delimiters won't save you from prompt injection - 11th May 2023
- Weeknotes: sqlite-utils 3.31, download-esm, Python in a sandbox - 10th May 2023
- Leaked Google document: "We Have No Moat, And Neither Does OpenAI" - 4th May 2023
- Midjourney 5.1 - 4th May 2023
- Prompt injection explained, with video, slides, and a transcript - 2nd May 2023
- download-esm: a tool for downloading ECMAScript modules - 2nd May 2023
- Let's be bear or bunny - 1st May 2023
- Weeknotes: Miscellaneous research into Rye, ChatGPT Code Interpreter and openai-to-sqlite - 1st May 2023