How can one become a masterful Rails developer (and still have a life)?
22nd October 2013
My answer to How can one become a masterful Rails developer (and still have a life)? on Quora
Don’t sacrifice your social life. Sacrifice TV.
Most people manage to maintain an active social life while also watching multiple hours of TV every day. Imagine how much Rails you could learn if you dedicated a couple of hours to it every day for 6 months.
Also, build real projects. Reading tutorials doesn’t count if you’re not also writing code.
More recent articles
- Weeknotes: Embeddings, more embeddings and Datasette Cloud - 17th September 2023
- Build an image search engine with llm-clip, chat with models with llm chat - 12th September 2023
- LLM now provides tools for working with embeddings - 4th September 2023
- Datasette 1.0a4 and 1.0a5, plus weeknotes - 30th August 2023
- Making Large Language Models work for you - 27th August 2023
- Datasette Cloud, Datasette 1.0a3, llm-mlc and more - 16th August 2023
- How I make annotated presentations - 6th August 2023
- Weeknotes: Plugins for LLM, sqlite-utils and Datasette - 5th August 2023
- Catching up on the weird world of LLMs - 3rd August 2023
- Run Llama 2 on your own Mac using LLM and Homebrew - 1st August 2023