What’s involved in making a site like JibJab go from conception to reality?
My answer to What’s involved in making a site like JibJab go from conception to reality? on Quora
I’m afraid you don’t get to create a hit website just by having an idea: You have to have the skills and focus to actually make it happen.
In the case of JibJab the two founders were brothers. One was a talented animator and artist, while the other had an MBA. It took them nearly five years to achieve “overnight success” with their John Kerry and George Bush animation, and they very nearly went bust on the way there: http://mixergy.com/jibjab-histor...
Ideas alone are worth almost nothing. Ideas plus the ability to execute them are what counts. http://sivers.org/multiply
More recent articles
- Understanding GPT tokenizers - 8th June 2023
- Weeknotes: Parquet in Datasette Lite, various talks, more LLM hacking - 4th June 2023
- It's infuriatingly hard to understand how closed models train on their input - 4th June 2023
- ChatGPT should include inline tips - 30th May 2023
- Lawyer cites fake cases invented by ChatGPT, judge is not amused - 27th May 2023
- llm, ttok and strip-tags - CLI tools for working with ChatGPT and other LLMs - 18th May 2023
- Delimiters won't save you from prompt injection - 11th May 2023
- Weeknotes: sqlite-utils 3.31, download-esm, Python in a sandbox - 10th May 2023
- Leaked Google document: "We Have No Moat, And Neither Does OpenAI" - 4th May 2023
- Midjourney 5.1 - 4th May 2023