What would be the best design conference to attend in 2013?
My answer to What would be the best design conference to attend in 2013? on Quora
That’s a pretty tricky question to answer... there are a lot of excellent UX conferences around (we’re listing 69 upcoming UX events on Lanyrd at the moment, and more get added frequently). A few things you should consider:
- Where are you based, and how far are you willing to travel?
- Are you interested primarily in learning things or in meeting relevant people?
- What’s your budget?
- Are you looking for a single day event or something longer?
In terms of UX there are more academic events (ACM CHI), more commercial events (the An Event Apart series, UX London), or events like IA Summit that bridge the two worlds.
There are also an increasing number of smaller one-two day events dotted all over the map—events like UX Hong Kong 2013, Convey UX in Seattle, UX Munich, UXMad 2013 in Madison, UX Lx in Lisbon...
Sorry this isn’t a direct answer to the question, but the truth is that there’s a whole bunch of factors in picking the right event for your time and budget.
More recent articles
- Understanding GPT tokenizers - 8th June 2023
- Weeknotes: Parquet in Datasette Lite, various talks, more LLM hacking - 4th June 2023
- It's infuriatingly hard to understand how closed models train on their input - 4th June 2023
- ChatGPT should include inline tips - 30th May 2023
- Lawyer cites fake cases invented by ChatGPT, judge is not amused - 27th May 2023
- llm, ttok and strip-tags - CLI tools for working with ChatGPT and other LLMs - 18th May 2023
- Delimiters won't save you from prompt injection - 11th May 2023
- Weeknotes: sqlite-utils 3.31, download-esm, Python in a sandbox - 10th May 2023
- Leaked Google document: "We Have No Moat, And Neither Does OpenAI" - 4th May 2023
- Midjourney 5.1 - 4th May 2023