What would be the best design conference to attend in 2013?
7th February 2013
My answer to What would be the best design conference to attend in 2013? on Quora
That’s a pretty tricky question to answer... there are a lot of excellent UX conferences around (we’re listing 69 upcoming UX events on Lanyrd at the moment, and more get added frequently). A few things you should consider:
- Where are you based, and how far are you willing to travel?
- Are you interested primarily in learning things or in meeting relevant people?
- What’s your budget?
- Are you looking for a single day event or something longer?
In terms of UX there are more academic events (ACM CHI), more commercial events (the An Event Apart series, UX London), or events like IA Summit that bridge the two worlds.
Sorry this isn’t a direct answer to the question, but the truth is that there’s a whole bunch of factors in picking the right event for your time and budget.
More recent articles
- Datasette Enrichments: a new plugin framework for augmenting your data - 1st December 2023
- llamafile is the new best way to run a LLM on your own computer - 29th November 2023
- Prompt injection explained, November 2023 edition - 27th November 2023
- I'm on the Newsroom Robots podcast, with thoughts on the OpenAI board - 25th November 2023
- Weeknotes: DevDay, GitHub Universe, OpenAI chaos - 22nd November 2023
- Deciphering clues in a news article to understand how it was reported - 22nd November 2023
- Exploring GPTs: ChatGPT in a trench coat? - 15th November 2023
- Financial sustainability for open source projects at GitHub Universe - 10th November 2023
- ospeak: a CLI tool for speaking text in the terminal via OpenAI - 7th November 2023
- DALL-E 3, GPT4All, PMTiles, sqlite-migrate, datasette-edit-schema - 30th October 2023