What honorarium is befitting for a guest speaker apart from money?
1st August 2013
My answer to What honorarium is befitting for a guest speaker apart from money? on Quora
Here are a few ways you can treat your speakers really well.
Pay for their flights and a good hotel (with an extra night either side of the conference so they can relax a little).
Have a car (or an organiser in their own car) pick them up from the airport.
Lend them a smartphone with a pre-configured data SIM in it for the duration of their stay (even better: make sure wifi tethering works on it).
Throw a really good speakers dinner at an excellent local restaurant.
More recent articles
- Weeknotes: the Datasette Cloud API, a podcast appearance and more - 1st October 2023
- Things I've learned about building CLI tools in Python - 30th September 2023
- Talking Large Language Models with Rooftop Ruby - 29th September 2023
- Weeknotes: Embeddings, more embeddings and Datasette Cloud - 17th September 2023
- Build an image search engine with llm-clip, chat with models with llm chat - 12th September 2023
- LLM now provides tools for working with embeddings - 4th September 2023
- Datasette 1.0a4 and 1.0a5, plus weeknotes - 30th August 2023
- Making Large Language Models work for you - 27th August 2023
- Datasette Cloud, Datasette 1.0a3, llm-mlc and more - 16th August 2023
- How I make annotated presentations - 6th August 2023