Which are the big Tech and Social Media events coming up from September onward (USA & Europe)?
My answer to Which are the big Tech and Social Media events coming up from September onward (USA & Europe)? on Quora
Our site http://lanyrd.com/ is a good bet for answering this type of question. We operate a wikipedia-style index of professional events and conferences, a large portion of which are tech/social media related.
In addition to the event details, we also list the speakers and any attendees who have told us they are going. If you sign in to the site with Twitter we’ll look at who you are following and show you events those people are attending or speaking at.
You can browse the site by location, for example:
- http://lanyrd.com/places/europe/—events in Europe (1,100 upcoming events at the moment)
- http://lanyrd.com/places/usa/—680 upcoming events in the USA
- http://lanyrd.com/places/london/—305 upcoming events in London
Or you can browse by topic:
- http://lanyrd.com/topics/social-...—72 upcoming social media events
- http://lanyrd.com/topics/mobile/—80 upcoming mobile conferences
Or you can combine the two...
- http://lanyrd.com/topics/social-...—33 upcoming social media events in the USA
If you’re interested in a particular speaker, you can see all of the events they will be speaking at in the future (and see talks they’ve given in the past):
- http://lanyrd.com/profile/scoble...—Robert Scoble’s profile
Finally, you can sign in to the site and “track” individual topics—or topics restricted by area—to get email recommendations of new events when they are added to the site. We’ll also email you new events that your Twitter contacts are attending.
Hope this is helpful!
More recent articles
- AI-enhanced development makes me more ambitious with my projects - 27th March 2023
- I built a ChatGPT plugin to answer questions about data hosted in Datasette - 24th March 2023
- Weeknotes: AI won't slow down, a new newsletter and a huge Datasette refactor - 22nd March 2023
- Don't trust AI to talk accurately about itself: Bard wasn't trained on Gmail - 22nd March 2023
- A conversation about prompt engineering with CBC Day 6 - 18th March 2023
- Could you train a ChatGPT-beating model for $85,000 and run it in a browser? - 17th March 2023