What is the scope, as a career, for a Python developer?
My answer to What is the scope, as a career, for a Python developer? on Quora
Don’t be an “X developer”. You’re selling yourself short if you define yourself by the technology you most frequently use.
There’s nothing wrong with specialising in one particular programming language, but don’t let it define you. The more strings you have in your bow the easier you’ll find it to land your ideal job (and the more you’ll be able to charge for your services).
More recent articles
- Lawyer cites fake cases invented by ChatGPT, judge is not amused - 27th May 2023
- llm, ttok and strip-tags - CLI tools for working with ChatGPT and other LLMs - 18th May 2023
- Delimiters won't save you from prompt injection - 11th May 2023
- Weeknotes: sqlite-utils 3.31, download-esm, Python in a sandbox - 10th May 2023
- Leaked Google document: "We Have No Moat, And Neither Does OpenAI" - 4th May 2023
- Midjourney 5.1 - 4th May 2023
- Prompt injection explained, with video, slides, and a transcript - 2nd May 2023
- download-esm: a tool for downloading ECMAScript modules - 2nd May 2023
- Let's be bear or bunny - 1st May 2023
- Weeknotes: Miscellaneous research into Rye, ChatGPT Code Interpreter and openai-to-sqlite - 1st May 2023