What is the scope, as a career, for a Python developer?
3rd October 2012
My answer to What is the scope, as a career, for a Python developer? on Quora
Don’t be an “X developer”. You’re selling yourself short if you define yourself by the technology you most frequently use.
There’s nothing wrong with specialising in one particular programming language, but don’t let it define you. The more strings you have in your bow the easier you’ll find it to land your ideal job (and the more you’ll be able to charge for your services).
More recent articles
- Datasette Enrichments: a new plugin framework for augmenting your data - 1st December 2023
- llamafile is the new best way to run a LLM on your own computer - 29th November 2023
- Prompt injection explained, November 2023 edition - 27th November 2023
- I'm on the Newsroom Robots podcast, with thoughts on the OpenAI board - 25th November 2023
- Weeknotes: DevDay, GitHub Universe, OpenAI chaos - 22nd November 2023
- Deciphering clues in a news article to understand how it was reported - 22nd November 2023
- Exploring GPTs: ChatGPT in a trench coat? - 15th November 2023
- Financial sustainability for open source projects at GitHub Universe - 10th November 2023
- ospeak: a CLI tool for speaking text in the terminal via OpenAI - 7th November 2023
- DALL-E 3, GPT4All, PMTiles, sqlite-migrate, datasette-edit-schema - 30th October 2023