How do you change page content and URL without reloading the whole page?
11th February 2012
My answer to How do you change page content and URL without reloading the whole page? on Quora
Sadly pushState isn’t supported by IE versions older than IE10—it’s up to you if you resort to fragment identifier URL hacks to support that browser or (my preferred approach) just leave IE users with full page refreshes. Sadly most versions of the Android browser don’t support pushState either, and performance constraints on mobile means they are harder to ignore than IE.
More recent articles
- Weeknotes: Embeddings, more embeddings and Datasette Cloud - 17th September 2023
- Build an image search engine with llm-clip, chat with models with llm chat - 12th September 2023
- LLM now provides tools for working with embeddings - 4th September 2023
- Datasette 1.0a4 and 1.0a5, plus weeknotes - 30th August 2023
- Making Large Language Models work for you - 27th August 2023
- Datasette Cloud, Datasette 1.0a3, llm-mlc and more - 16th August 2023
- How I make annotated presentations - 6th August 2023
- Weeknotes: Plugins for LLM, sqlite-utils and Datasette - 5th August 2023
- Catching up on the weird world of LLMs - 3rd August 2023
- Run Llama 2 on your own Mac using LLM and Homebrew - 1st August 2023