What are good 2012 Technology Conferences in US for Programmers?
8th December 2011
My answer to What are good 2012 Technology Conferences in US for Programmers? on Quora
It would help if you were more specific about the kind of programmer you are—there’s a big difference between C++ game developer conferences, Ruby on Rails events, Agile methodology conventions etc. Each developer ecosystem has its own flagship events (for Microsoft developers it’s the BUILD conference, which hasn’t been announced for 2012 yet—for iPhone/Mac developers it’s Apple’s WWDC, Oracle have Oracle OpenWorld, the Rails community has RailsConf, for Django people it’s DjangoCon US and EU, etc).
Our site Lanyrd is an attempt to catalog all of the conferences and events happening around the world. If you sign in with Twitter we’ll show you events your Twitter contacts are attending or speaking at, but you can also browse the site by topic. Here are a few pages that you may find relevant, depending on the kind of programming you do:
- Mobile: http://lanyrd.com/topics/mobile/
- HTML5: http://lanyrd.com/topics/html5-1/
- Agile: http://lanyrd.com/topics/agile/
- Open Source: http://lanyrd.com/topics/open-so...
- Java: http://lanyrd.com/topics/java/
- Ruby: http://lanyrd.com/topics/ruby/
- PHP: http://lanyrd.com/topics/php/
- Python: http://lanyrd.com/topics/python/
- Web Development: http://lanyrd.com/topics/web-dev...
I hope that’s useful. Let me know if there are any more specific categories of events you’d like tips on.
More recent articles
- Datasette Enrichments: a new plugin framework for augmenting your data - 1st December 2023
- llamafile is the new best way to run a LLM on your own computer - 29th November 2023
- Prompt injection explained, November 2023 edition - 27th November 2023
- I'm on the Newsroom Robots podcast, with thoughts on the OpenAI board - 25th November 2023
- Weeknotes: DevDay, GitHub Universe, OpenAI chaos - 22nd November 2023
- Deciphering clues in a news article to understand how it was reported - 22nd November 2023
- Exploring GPTs: ChatGPT in a trench coat? - 15th November 2023
- Financial sustainability for open source projects at GitHub Universe - 10th November 2023
- ospeak: a CLI tool for speaking text in the terminal via OpenAI - 7th November 2023
- DALL-E 3, GPT4All, PMTiles, sqlite-migrate, datasette-edit-schema - 30th October 2023