evercookie - virtually irrevocable persistent cookies (via) Mischievous genius from the chap who created the MySpace worm—evercookie attempts to set an irrevocable cookie using a whole bunch of different methods, including “storing cookies in RGB values of auto-generated, force-cached PNGs using HTML5 Canvas tag to read pixels back out” and an extremely clever scheme built on top of the web history CSS visited link colour vulnerability.
- Weeknotes: datasette-enrichments, datasette-comments, sqlite-chronicle - 8th December 2023
- Datasette Enrichments: a new plugin framework for augmenting your data - 1st December 2023
- llamafile is the new best way to run a LLM on your own computer - 29th November 2023
- Prompt injection explained, November 2023 edition - 27th November 2023
- I'm on the Newsroom Robots podcast, with thoughts on the OpenAI board - 25th November 2023
- Weeknotes: DevDay, GitHub Universe, OpenAI chaos - 22nd November 2023