Blowing up HTML5 video and mapping it into 3D space. The canvas drawImage() method can take an HTML video element as its source, making all kinds of interesting effects possible. The author notes that performance was dramatically improved by copying the video frame in to a separate canvas element and then copying regions out of that element rather than grabbing regions from the video directly.
- I built a ChatGPT plugin to answer questions about data hosted in Datasette - 24th March 2023
- Weeknotes: AI won't slow down, a new newsletter and a huge Datasette refactor - 22nd March 2023
- Don't trust AI to talk accurately about itself: Bard wasn't trained on Gmail - 22nd March 2023
- A conversation about prompt engineering with CBC Day 6 - 18th March 2023
- Could you train a ChatGPT-beating model for $85,000 and run it in a browser? - 17th March 2023
- Stanford Alpaca, and the acceleration of on-device large language model development - 13th March 2023