Inside the precision hack. How 4chan members subverted a Time.com online poll to reorder the options and spell out their own message. Partly poor application design from Time (the first version used a GET request without input validation), but I challenge anyone to design an anonymous online poll that can’t be fixed using the more sophisticated techniques 4chan eventually deployed based on HTTP proxies.
- Datasette Enrichments: a new plugin framework for augmenting your data - 1st December 2023
- llamafile is the new best way to run a LLM on your own computer - 29th November 2023
- Prompt injection explained, November 2023 edition - 27th November 2023
- I'm on the Newsroom Robots podcast, with thoughts on the OpenAI board - 25th November 2023
- Weeknotes: DevDay, GitHub Universe, OpenAI chaos - 22nd November 2023
- Deciphering clues in a news article to understand how it was reported - 22nd November 2023