Oxford Geek Night 2
28th March 2007
If you missed the last Oxford Geek Night, you really owe it to yourself to make it to the next one. If you were there then you shouldn’t need any convincing.
Oxford Geek Night 2 will be on the 11th of April, starting at 7.30pm (talks start at 8.30) upstairs at the Jericho Tavern. Nat has just announced the two keynotes: Jon Hicks will be talking about typography on the Web and his thoughts on typographic trends for 2007, and James Webster from Amazon UK will be presenting Amazon’s web service suite.
In addition to the two 15 minute keynotes there will also be eight 5 minute microslots. Nat is currently taking proposals for these; this is a good chance to give a lightning demo of something you’ve worked on and a great opportunity for first time speakers to gain valuable experience in front of a friendly audience.
More recent articles
- Datasette Enrichments: a new plugin framework for augmenting your data - 1st December 2023
- llamafile is the new best way to run a LLM on your own computer - 29th November 2023
- Prompt injection explained, November 2023 edition - 27th November 2023
- I'm on the Newsroom Robots podcast, with thoughts on the OpenAI board - 25th November 2023
- Weeknotes: DevDay, GitHub Universe, OpenAI chaos - 22nd November 2023
- Deciphering clues in a news article to understand how it was reported - 22nd November 2023
- Exploring GPTs: ChatGPT in a trench coat? - 15th November 2023
- Financial sustainability for open source projects at GitHub Universe - 10th November 2023
- ospeak: a CLI tool for speaking text in the terminal via OpenAI - 7th November 2023
- DALL-E 3, GPT4All, PMTiles, sqlite-migrate, datasette-edit-schema - 30th October 2023