Oxford Geek Night 2
If you missed the last Oxford Geek Night, you really owe it to yourself to make it to the next one. If you were there then you shouldn’t need any convincing.
Oxford Geek Night 2 will be on the 11th of April, starting at 7.30pm (talks start at 8.30) upstairs at the Jericho Tavern. Nat has just announced the two keynotes: Jon Hicks will be talking about typography on the Web and his thoughts on typographic trends for 2007, and James Webster from Amazon UK will be presenting Amazon’s web service suite.
In addition to the two 15 minute keynotes there will also be eight 5 minute microslots. Nat is currently taking proposals for these; this is a good chance to give a lightning demo of something you’ve worked on and a great opportunity for first time speakers to gain valuable experience in front of a friendly audience.
The event is sponsored by Torchbox. Entry is free to all, but you should sign up on Upcoming to give us an idea of numbers.
More recent articles
- Lawyer cites fake cases invented by ChatGPT, judge is not amused - 27th May 2023
- llm, ttok and strip-tags - CLI tools for working with ChatGPT and other LLMs - 18th May 2023
- Delimiters won't save you from prompt injection - 11th May 2023
- Weeknotes: sqlite-utils 3.31, download-esm, Python in a sandbox - 10th May 2023
- Leaked Google document: "We Have No Moat, And Neither Does OpenAI" - 4th May 2023
- Midjourney 5.1 - 4th May 2023
- Prompt injection explained, with video, slides, and a transcript - 2nd May 2023
- download-esm: a tool for downloading ECMAScript modules - 2nd May 2023
- Let's be bear or bunny - 1st May 2023
- Weeknotes: Miscellaneous research into Rye, ChatGPT Code Interpreter and openai-to-sqlite - 1st May 2023